In this course, Steph will share her love of sock knitting with you as you learn sock basics knitting this cute pattern! The Lumberjack socks are knit top-down, giving you extra time to increase your small circumference knitting confidence before you learn to turn the heel. After working the heel, you will pick up stitches, knit to the toe, and use kitchener stitch to seamlessly close the toe. Since this pattern calls for a DK weight yarn and the pattern is written from child to adult sizes, these beginner socks are a manageable size project for learning new skills!
Sock knitting is so much fun, soon you will be making a pair for everyone in the family!
When: Wednesdays, August 14th, 21st, and 28th from 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Must be comfortable knitting and purling
- Must be comfortable knitting in the round
- Must be comfortable with common decreases (k2tog, ssk, p2tog)
- Stretchy Cast-On
- Seamless color change
- How to turn a heel (including short rows)
- Picking up stitches
- Kitchener stitch
Homework: None for the first class
- 2 skeins Berroco DK in contrasting colors
- US 2 and US 3 Double Pointed Needles (DPNs)
- General notions (stitch markers, snips, etc)
- Lumberjack Socks by Tincanknits (Hard copy with Ravelry code available for purchase in store)
Please note that all sales are final for classes, workshops, K2TOGs, KALs, and lectures. No exchanges or refunds can be made.