Come Find Sanctuary and a New Job!
Enthusiastic, Fiber Loving Team Member Wanted!
Join our team and become a key member of our vibrant maker community! Spend your days connecting with fellow makers: help customers discover new yarns, master a skill (or two), swap color/pattern ideas with like minded individuals, and thrive in our creative sanctuary.
Come join the Blazing Needles family!
As a flourishing small business, each of our team members is a critical part of our family and community. We strive to create a safe, welcoming environment to work and shop. We are looking for new energy, perspectives and creativity.
What’s in it for you?
- Be the first to touch, feel and explore new products
- Make a career, not just a job
- Learn the retail ropes, including operations, relationship building and using an online point-of-sale platform
- Let your creativity soar by collaborating on new business ideas and helping Blazing Needles thrive
- Employee discount
- Teaching opportunities
- Additional opportunities to be paid for knitting store samples
- Knitting and/or Crochet experience
- Retail experience, preferably in a related industry
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours and able to lift and carry 15-25 lbs. up and down stairs.
Optional (but we are willing to teach):
- Knowledge of yarn, fiber properties, gauge and pattern reading
- Knowledge of Ravelry
- Crochet and felting experience
This is a position that requires 25- 30 hours per week initially but has potential to become a full time position.
Send a resume and a few photos of your knits to: firstname.lastname@example.org.